Work that Matters
Who We Are
Looking for work with a digital marketing agency that is challenging, rewarding, and flexible? Have you grown accustomed to working from home (or remotely wherever in the world you are) and want to maintain a role that's not bound by geography? You might be a good fit for the MTR Marketing team!
We are a team of seasoned strategists, designers, developers and marketing magic-makers who work directly with clients to cut to the matter of why they do what they do and to share that passion with their audience. Our expertise in the realms of business and marketing strategy, content and design, SEO and PPC, and much more makes us a partner for the busy CMO or VP marketing who is looking to work with us as an extension of their team.
Experts with HubSpot Sales HUB, Marketing HUB, and Service HUB, we move audiences to act with research-backed creative and engaging online/digital experiences, and we follow through to nurture those leads with marketing automation and sales enablement. We achieve results with marketing that makes the difference.
Read more about us.
We Hire the Best of the Best, Regardless of Geographic Location
MTR Marketing team members are 100% remote and currently have team members in over 20 cultures and countries. You can work from home or wherever you want providing you're available when your team needs to collaborate. We do not require you to warm your seat from 9-5 and offer the perfect positions for people who love what they do but want to do it in a part-time, flexible remote work capacity.
We are an inclusive team and we stand firmly against discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, or religion.
Is this an accurate description of you?
- You are marketing savvy with a passion for project management
- You are a confident, assertive, self-starter, and a future thinker
- You actively look for barriers that stand in the way of momentum
- You thrive at keeping a pulse on the details, organizing them, and building great teams that produce even greater work
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment; natural sense of urgency, juggle multiple tasks/projects, and love the pressure
- You are not afraid to respectfully speak your mind, make suggestions, and insist on your deal-breakers – with team members, clients, and even our leadership (that’s how we roll)
If this sounds like you, we want to talk to you.
Project Managers (PM) at MTR are client-facing, proactive, organized, and resourceful. You are responsible for making sure our HubSpot marketing and website projects are delivered on time and on budget. For each account, you will be teamed with a Strategist. Together, you will be the primary project team. The Strategist is the account owner responsible for the strategic vision that leads to meeting Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) for the client. The PM is responsible for deliverable execution through project planning, resource allocation, and setting expectations both internally and externally. Attention to details and having a curious, collaborative attitude is a must. You can build, manage, and lead teams. You need to be adaptable to changing priorities and able to adjust your project plans quickly. This role reports to the VP of Strategy.
- Create and manage project plans, timelines, and budgets
- Ensure project scope is delivered on time, within budget, and with high client satisfaction. This includes renegotiating the timeframe, scope, and budget with the client through a change order
- Manage project budget and reporting at the account level, along with oversight of financial baselines and their impact — request AP to invoice as needed
- Lead new project internal kickoffs
- Setup and co-facilitate client kickoff meetings
- Gather and interpret project requirements in order to deploy resources most efficiently and cost-effectively
- Lead regular check-ins with clients and cross-functional internal teams — covering project expectations, budgets, stakeholder needs, timelines, and risks
- Continued effort to manage internal and client expectations through task priority setting, meeting agenda setting, post-meeting recaps, and client weekly updates
- 3+ years of experience working as a project manager or client services role, managing websites and digital marketing projects. Preferably in HubSpot.
- 3+ years of experience being client-facing in an agency environment
- 4+ years of experience working remotely with stable internet
- 2+ years of experience working in HubSpot CRM and CMS, strongly preferred
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to lead and direct project team (resources) with confidence, identify and act on project issues and risks, seeing each through to its proper resolution
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and with little supervision
- Fluent in English both written and verbal communication
Working experience in the following tools is preferred: Asana, Google Drive, Slack, Figma, Bugherd, Harvest, HubSpot, and Zoom.
MTR Marketing is a remote full-service digital marketing agency with many services, but only one deliverable: results. Experts in all things HubSpot and education-as-marketing, we move audiences to act with research-backed creative and engaging digital experiences, then we follow through to nurture those leads with marketing automation and sales enablement. We achieve results with marketing that makes the difference.
What’s it like to work at MTR Marketing? Simply put, we work with respect, momentum, curiosity, and a lot of heart. Our values guide the way we work with clients and with each other. We believe in balance. We’re an agency of self-starters, committed to results. And above all else, we’re good humans who want to be around other good humans.
We aim to create a diverse and inclusive community where every team member feels comfortable doing their best work every day. Join us and help us continue to build a culture where your unique talents are celebrated!
Salary & Schedule
This is a part-time position with the potential to become full-time. The hourly rate is between $45-65/hr. based on experience. Hours starting out will be between 20-30 hrs./mo. We have a healthy pipeline and expect this to ramp up to 30-60 hrs/mo. over the 4-6 weeks. MTR Marketing clients are US-based. Flexible working schedule, but must be available during US business hours, Monday through Friday. US business hours are defined between 9am - 5pm. Must have a 4 hour crossover between US Eastern and Pacific time zones.
Application Process - The closing date for applications is 09/30/22; we aim to fill the position by 10/16/22 **PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS.
- Please submit your resume, including a reference person for each previous position and a cover letter answering these questions:
- Which of our corporate values appeals to you most and why?
- What do you need in order to do your best PM work?
- Describe your ideal client and project – what do you LIKE to work on?
- What is your biggest pet peeve when it comes to managing projects?
- As part of our application process and to be considered, we ask that you take a 15-min online survey. We are building a great culture therefore we want to ensure we have the right people in the right role. (This is a dealbreaker for us)
Interview Process - No need to dress up - shorts & tshirts are totally great
- 1st Interview: Video Call with Head of Operations
- 2nd Interview: Video Call with VP of Strategy
- 3rd Interview: Video Call with another PM
- Reference Checking
- Final Video Interview: Video call with CEO
This job description is not all-inclusive and certain activities, duties or responsibilities may be required of the team member as needed. You will be required to sign an Independent sales agent agreement. This is not a full-time position.
Last Updated 8/17/22