Work that Matters
Who We Are
Looking for work with a digital marketing agency that is challenging, rewarding, and flexible? Have you grown accustomed to working from home (or remotely wherever in the world you are) and want to maintain a role that's not bound by geography? You might be a good fit for the MTR Marketing team!
We are a team of seasoned strategists, designers, developers and marketing magic-makers who work directly with clients to cut to the matter of why they do what they do and to share that passion with their audience. Our expertise in the realms of business and marketing strategy, content and design, SEO and PPC, and much more makes us a partner for the busy CMO or VP marketing who is looking to work with us as an extension of their team.
Experts with HubSpot Sales HUB, Marketing HUB, and Service HUB, we move audiences to act with research-backed creative and engaging online/digital experiences, and we follow through to nurture those leads with marketing automation and sales enablement. We achieve results with marketing that makes the difference.
Read more about us.
We Hire the Best of the Best, Regardless of Geographic Location
MTR Marketing team members are 100% remote and currently have team members in over 20 cultures and countries. You can work from home or wherever you want providing you're available when your team needs to collaborate. We do not require you to warm your seat from 9-5 and offer the perfect positions for people who love what they do but want to do it in a part-time, flexible remote work capacity.
We are an inclusive team and we stand firmly against discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, or religion.
MTR Marketing is in search of a talented Account Lead with agency experience and a drive to empower their team to create great work efficiently and effectively. This role is an account manager-project manager hybrid role with an emphasis on leading.
As Account Lead at MTR Marketing, you’ll be managing high-performance teams in an agile environment. You’ll put your experience and ideas to work every day, tackling a wide scope of responsibilities for large and small-scale client projects. The ability to understand the big-picture view while also paying attention to the details are vital; and a curious, collaborative attitude is a must. We want to see you understand the “why” behind your team’s work and strive for clarity in what the client is trying to achieve. You can build, manage, and lead teams and serve as the primary facilitator for them. You actively look for barriers that stand in the way of momentum. You really care about the client experience and live by the philosophy “your success is my success.”
You’ll be expected to foster a safe and trusting work environment with an emphasis on community and accountability.
In this role, you will:
- Ensure project scope is delivered on time, within budget, and with high client satisfaction. This includes renegotiating the timeframe, scope, and budget with the client when needed.
- Cultivate internal and external communication that improves transparency and sharing of information — covering project expectations, budgets, stakeholder needs, timelines, and more
- Gather and interpret project requirements in order to deploy resources in the most efficient and cost-effective manner — managing change request and shift of resources on short notice
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks and clients at once
- Work closely with clients to ensure superb delivery and strategic growth of the account
- Inspire and collaborate with the client and internal teams
- Manage project budget and reporting at the account level, along with oversight of financial baselines and their impact
- Provide leadership and support to other project managers
- Lead project retrospectives
- Manage projects in alignment with our agency best practices
- 5+ years of digital project management or account management experience in an agency environment
- Experience managing large-scale marketing and website projects
- Seasoned experience managing budgets - project-based and monthly retainers
- 1+ years of experience leading, mentoring other PMs
- 2+ years of experience leading inbound marketing projects
- 1+ years of experience working within HubSpot CRM and CMS - able to perform simple marketing ops tasks as needed.
- Basic understanding of the HubSpot methodology and can explain it to clients.
- Experience working with a range of clients from start-up to enterprise
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills — this is a client-facing role
- Ability to prioritize and manage deadlines
- Strong leadership and facilitation skills
- Working knowledge of software like Asana, Harvest, Google Suite
- Able to understand technical jargon and communicate with both technical and non-technical team members
- You can align with our values and team code of ethics.
Nice to haves
- Degree or related experience in business, marketing, communications, or a related field
- Experience in a strategic or marketing consultant role
- This is a fully remote position
- This position is a 1099 Independent Contractor position. You will be required to sign an Independent agent agreement.
- This is a 1099 hourly position - you can expect 20-30/wk. Potential for 35+/hrs in Q3.
- Candidates can be based anywhere in the world but must be available during US business hours Monday - Friday
Please, no agencies or recruiters. We’re happy with our hiring process.
MTR (in a nutshell)
MTR is a full-service digital agency with many services, but only one deliverable: results. Organizations that need to grow and believe in customer-centricity rely on MTR's expertise in the realms of business and marketing strategy, content and design, SEO and PPC, and much more.
Experts in all things HubSpot and education-as-marketing, we move audiences to act with research-backed creative and engaging digital experiences, then we follow through to nurture those leads with marketing automation and sales enablement. We achieve results with marketing that makes the difference.
What’s it like to work at MTR Marketing? Simply put, we work with respect, momentum, curiosity, and a lot of heart. Our values guide the way we work with clients and with each other. We believe in balance. We’re an agency of self-starters, committed to results. And above all else, we’re good humans who want to be around other good humans.
We aim to create a diverse and inclusive community where every team member feels comfortable doing their best work every day. Join us!
This job description is not all-inclusive and certain activities, duties or responsibilities may be required of the team member as needed.